You and your business will thrive by taking advantage of what SEAC membership has to offer, such as networking, educational opportunities, and information about the latest developments in the structural engineering profession. The overall objective of SEAC is the advancement of the practice of structural engineering for the benefit of public safety and the structural engineering profession. Discover what SEAC has to offer you.
Benefits and Services
Joining SEAC gives you access to many professional opportunities. Following are just some of those benefits:
- Participation and network in an informed and active community of structural engineers.
- Attend breakfast meetings and seminars and earn professional development hours. This is included in the cost of membership. (typically 1 PDH per seminar and five breakfast meetings yearly)
- Participate in the Fall Seminar on a topic of structural interest at a reduced cost for SEAC members (typically 4 PDH)
- Receive 6 newsletters including a calendar of upcoming events, messages from the president of SEAC, special reports, publications, and advertising for structural engineering positions,
- Provide a link to your company website.
- Join technical and professional committees to give all members a voice in policy, education, business management, and code development to help grow and shape our profession.
- Work on SEAC committees with other professional societies and technical organizations on subjects and programs of common interest and mutual benefit.
Apply online today!
Qualifications and Membership Categories:
SEAC membership is open to individuals only.
A. Professional Members are professional engineers registered by the State of Colorado who are actively practicing, teaching, or conducting research in the field of structural engineering.
B. Affiliate Members are persons with an interest in the objectives of SEAC.
C. Student Member are those full-time students who are pursuing engineering degrees at colleges and universities and who are interested in the practice of structural engineering.
D. SEAC may honor past Professional Members who may or may not currently practice structural engineering but who, as a result of past membership in and service to SEAC are granted Life Membership. Life membership requires that any other member of SEAC must submit a written request nominating the candidate for Life Membership to the Board of Directors for their approval.
Once your application has been approved, you will be notified by SEAC and provided with a password to start the online registration process. The online membership area allows you to pay your dues online and RSVP for events.
Apply Online Today!