To grow the membership and process new member applications.
Processing member applications includes:
- Verify that each application is properly filled out and that it includes the appropriate membership category, the three required Professional member references, and the applicant’s resume. When any necessary information is missing, contact the applicant. When an applicant does not have the required references, invite them to an upcoming General Meeting where they can meet Professional members whom they may then ask to serves as references on their application.
- Send each application, along with the applicant’s resume, to the members of the Board of Directors for their review and vote, in accordance with the Bylaws.
- Tally the votes as they are received from the Board of Directors.
- When all votes are returned, or when a sufficient amount of time has elapsed, notify the Board of Directors of the final vote tally for each applicant
- For those applicants receiving yes votes from a majority of the Board of Directors, notify them of their acceptance and issue membership certificates.
- Notify the Executive Assistant who will add the name of each new member to the roster and mailing list, and will send each new member an invoice for payment of their dues for the remainder of the current year.
- Maintain new member records that include the member’s name, membership category, vote tally, and date of membership.
If you are interested in joining our committee and want to be added to the mailing list, contact us!